You can help Geisel build a more equitable, diverse, supportive, and healthy academic community for current students, faculty, and staff, and for future generations. Contact us to learn more about the opportunities below and how you can help.
You can also explore ongoing initiatives at the medical school through Geisel’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Dashboard.
As the Geisel community works to overcome inequity, bias, and racism in all of its forms, philanthropy will provide vital support to accelerate positive change.
Gifts to Create a More Diverse Faculty
Geisel is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty. Recruiting, retaining, and supporting Black/African American, Indigenous, Hispanic/Latinx, and other faculty of color is especially important to combatting structural racism, uprooting race-based medical practices, promoting health equity, mentoring underrepresented medical students, and training all Geisel medical students to become complete physicians who are prepared to serve a multi-cultural world. Gifts in support of greater faculty diversity and professional development will provide essential resources for this important work and benefit generations of Geisel faculty, students, and alumni.
- Professorship in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Faculty Fellowships in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Gifts to Support Students Who Are Underrepresented
Students from racial, ethnic, and other identity groups that are underrepresented and/or disadvantaged in the medical profession often face special challenges in navigating the expenses and experiences of medical school and biomedical graduate programs. Donors can help Geisel provide greater support and opportunities to these students, to help ensure an equitable and enriching learning environment for all.
- Underrepresented in Medicine Student Support Services Fund
- Samuel F. McGill Awards – These awards will honor the legacy of the first Black/African American graduate of a U.S. medical school by providing vital financial assistance to Black/African American medical students of today. Read about Samuel F. McGill.
- Scholarships for Students Underrepresented in Medicine
Gifts to Advance DEI Initiatives
Like most institutions of higher education, Geisel has much work to do to create a truly equitable and nurturing environment for all students and faculty—and to ensure that it is uprooting systemic racism and working to eliminate health disparities.
- Diversity Equity Inclusion Scholars – This fund will support dedicated, highly motivated faculty and students to work on important initiatives that address diversity, equity, and inclusion challenges in medical education and healthcare.